White Sage is used for emotional psychic, and spiritual purification. The ritual of smudging can be defined as "spiritual house cleaning". The smoke attaches itself to negative energy and as the smoke clears, it takes the negative energy with it, releasing it into another space where it will be regenerated into positive energy.
These smudge stick do last many applications.
1. Light leaves of the smudge stick at one end. Blow out and it will begin to smoke.
2. Place in heat proof container, or over a bowl as ash may drop.
3. Fan smoke with hand or feather over area, person or object to be cleansed.
4. If you are cleansing a room move in counter clockwise direction to banish negativity and clockwise for invoking.
5. Put it out by rubbing lit end into sand or smudge bowl.